THE JAMES L. WILLIAMS, SR. LAY ORGANIZATION
The James L. Williams, Sr. Lay Organization meets regularly. Please check Saint Paul’s Calendar for date and time. Prepare to join us as we discuss the business of the Lay Organization as it relates to the AME Church. Receive pertinent information and training from our Director of Lay Activities, Sister Loretta Coppock. Join your local Lay Organization today! All Officers, Members & Laity are encouraged to attend each meeting. Email us with questions/comments: firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR MASTER / MISS LAY ORGANIZATION COURT
THE MASTER/MISS LAY SOUVENIR JOURNAL ~ Click/Tap to view
LAY ORGANIZATION SCHOLARSHIPS:
The Selmo Bradley Scholarship and The Willie J. Williams Music Scholarship of The Eleventh Episcopal District Lay Organization are available on the EEDLO’s Website: http://eedlo.org/scholarships.html.
Scholarship applications are available to 2020 Graduating High School Seniors. Please contact: Sister Jeanette Kittles, Scholarship Chair, with questions through our Email address: email@example.com.
Please visit http://eedlo.org/ for more information ~ 11th District Annual Lay Convention & other event information is available on the EEDLO Website. The Digital Lay Communique’ is also available on the Website and updates as new A.M.E. Church information is received.
CONNECTIONAL & LOCAL LAY ORGANIZATION SITES:
THE EAST CONFERENCE LAY ORGANIZATION is featured in a Historical Presentation which includes Brother James L. Williams, Sr.
It covers the timeline from 1946 through 2008, as we celebrated 60 official years. The movie was researched and narrated by Sister Peggy Rice Johnson; created, edited and produced by AJSGarner. Visit the EEDLO site to view the video and other historic presentations and graphics. The Lay Organization presently celebrates 75 years of service to The Lord.
OUR LOCAL LAY ORGANIZATION’S OFFICERS
- President – Brother James Campbell
- 1st Vice-President – Sister Brenda Green
- 2nd Vice-President – Brother Gerald Williams
- 3rd Vice-President – Brother Roosevelt Galloway
- Recording Secretary – Sister Cheryl Kennerly-Hampton
- Asst. Recording Secretary – Sister Jo Ann Coward
- Corresponding Secretary – Sister Mary Wards Mandrell
- Treasurer – Sister Beatrice Matthews
- Financial Secretary – Brother Joseph Coppock, Jr.
- Director of Lay Activities – Sister Loretta Coppock (Acting)
- Chaplain – Sister Berdelle Dubose
- Director of Benevolence – Sister Dora Taylor-Smith
- Director of Public Relations – Sister Angela Surcey Garner
- Young Adult Director – Sister Betty Burney
- Parliamentarian – Sister Linda Guerra
- Historiographer – Sister Loretta Coppock
AMEC LAY ORGANIZATION PRESIDENTS
The Alachua-Central District President:
Brother Dennis Murphy, Sr.
The East Conference President:
Sister Phillis Filer
The 11th Episcopal District President:
Sister Patricia H. Wright (West Coast Conference)
The Connectional Lay President: Mrs. Valerie Gary Bell
The East Conference will host The 76th Episcopal Lay Convention. Visit the 11th District Lay Organization’s Website for updates: eedlo.org.